All three of our Veterinary Compliance Online Training Courses.
DEA Compliance Training
Titan Group’s online DEA Compliance Training provides regulatory compliance expertise delivered by retired DEA Supervisory Special Agents to ensure a comprehensive understanding of requirements for achieving and maintaining ongoing controlled substance compliance. Our DEA Compliance Training module offers guidance on how to interpret and implement the Controlled Substance Act (CSA), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and other DEA compliance requirements and procedures into best practices for health care providers and facilities that handle controlled substances. Learning objectives include:
- Legal requirements and responsibilities as a DEA registrant according to the Controlled Substance Act (CSA)
- Legal requirements and responsibilities as a DEA registrant according to the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- Record keeping and security obligations
- Oversight regarding how controlled substances are legally scheduled and regulated
- Proactive measures designed to reduce opportunities for controlled substances diversion
Drug Diversion Training
With America’s Opioid Crisis continuing to scale, it is critical that healthcare professionals understand how to protect against the internal and external threats of drug diversion. Titan Group’s Drug Diversion Training module provides the knowledge, oversight and necessary tools to assist healthcare professionals in effectively detecting and preventing drug diversion. Learning objectives include:
- Employee Theft: How well do you know your employees? The internal threat of drug diversion is an increasing concern for healthcare facilities that work with controlled substances. Learn the “tell-tale” signs of employee drug diversion, drug abuse and addiction as well as the drugs most commonly abused.
- Doctor Shopping: Learn how to recognize a “doctor shopper”, key behavioral indicators of clients using their pets to obtain controlled substances and the most common drugs they target.
- Waste Disposal: A key strategy for decreasing the likelihood of drug diversion is proper waste disposal of any unused or expired medications. Learn federal requirements backed by expert-driven recommendations to ensure that controlled substance waste does not go into the wrong hands.
How To Conduct A Controlled Substance Drug Audit
DEA compliance and management of controlled substances is vital to preventing drug diversion. After this course, learners will know what a controlled substance inventory is, how to track controlled substances from acquisition to disposal, and how to negotiate a successful reconciliation of your inventory.
- What Are Controlled Substances?
- Reconciling & Logging
- Security Solutions
- Performing Your Drug Audit
- Tips, Suggestions, and Summary